Boxer Dog Swallowed 16 Golf Balls and Underwent Emergency Surgery

A greedy boxer dog shocked his owner with his strange eating habit. The dog swallowed 16 golf balls. David Warren, the owner, observed this when his beloved boxer Ben was losing weight and lacking hunger. This made him realize that something was wrong.

David said, “One day he’d been sick and there was a golf ball in it but I never thought for a minute it was because he’d eaten it. I just thought it was there because we live next to a golf course and he’d been playing with the ball.”

ad
Dog swallowed 16 golf balls
(Image source: Mirror.co.uk)

Ben was immediately taken to the vet. The vet discovered a cluster of 4cm golf balls in his stomach during an endoscopy. David complimented Northwest Veterinary Specialists’ “amazing” veterinarians for their excellent treatment. The pup was saved after a two-hour procedure. Later the vet asked David to take the golf balls home.

David said, “They really made me chuckle when they offered me the bag of balls to take home after the operation. I can see the funny side of it all now but at the time it was a very serious situation and no laughing matter.”

Dog swallowed 16 golf balls
(Image source: Mirror.co.uk)

After this incident, David is now teaching his hyperactive dog companion to hunt after sticks and balls that he can’t swallow. He added, “I have tried to encourage him to play with tennis balls instead, the ones you attach and throw from a stick for the dog to chase – but Ben chewed the stick to pieces. That’s him to a tee.”

David then further said, “I’m going to have to buy some footballs for him to play with now, as he can’t possibly swallow something that size, can he?” This showed how David was being extra cautious about Ben after this life threatening incident.

Watch this Amazing Video!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Discover

Sponsor

spot_imgspot_img

Latest

Artificial Intelligence (AI) Can Help Detect Illegal Tortoise Shells

Artificial Intelligence is now being used to tackle the illegal trade of tortoise shells. Brad Nahill, the president of the turtle conservation group, has...

‘World’s First’ Case: Greenland Shark died of Meningitis

On 15th March, the ZSL team spotted a dead female Greenland shark outside Newlyn Harbor in Cornwall. The experts gathered a proper post mortem...

Black Footed Cat Born at The Living Desert

The Living Desert zoo is pleased to announce the birth of a black-footed cat. The feline’s name has already been decided. The zoo staff...

Endangered Spider Monkey Born at Barcelona Zoo

An endangered spider monkey has been born at the Barcelona Zoo. The birth took place on 31st March 2022. The zoo is proud to...

Easter Weekend Welcomes the Birth of Baby Zebra and Wolverine

A zebra foal and a wolverine kit were born at a zoo over the Easter weekend, bringing the total number of new arrivals to...